Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another month, another West Texas cult makes the news

House of Yahweh head says world to end June 12. Well, as I'm posting this, he still has four hours to be right.

The video is a pretty good look at a freak show.



As stated, the cult is headquartered in Abilene, which I guess means that San Angelo doesn't get all the bragging rights. I don't recall many run-ins with the people who belong to this group while I was in Abilene.

Mainly I vaguely remember a news story about one of the cult members who got got cheesed when he was cited for a code violation or something by the city, so he sued. And demanded damages in the hundreds of millions.

I've always figured that West Texas draws these folks for an obvious reason -- there's plenty of room, and crazy typically needs a lot of room.

No comments: