Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fort Worth Botanical Garden

I've got a lot of things I want to get to this week, so I'll start off with the subject most in-demand from my parents and wife: A photo-intense blog on Sam.

Last week was a long one. It started on Sunday with a bath for the boy, and a flea jumped off of him right as I was putting Sam in the tub.

"Oh crap," I wondered.

Sure enough, the evil cat turned out to be infested, and we had to call in the exterminator. Meredith's doctor advised that she not be in the house for a couple of days after the spraying, so, considering our options, we ended up in a run-down Budget Suites hotel room. The carpet was blue, we think.

Strangely, one day in a cheap hotel room can be kind of boring, so we decided to make an excursion to the botanical gardens on Wednesday morning. And I'll just go mainly with pictures after this. (As a warning, we do have plenty.)

This was really the first time Sam's had a chance to run wild. He was so tired we had to put him to bed an hour early.



Meredith attempts to teach Sam facial expressions, a tough job for someone dealing with the men of my family.









The log was occupied by two kids about Sam's age. He walked up and started jabbering with one of them. First time I'd seen that.



And we took this a few weeks ago, but I liked it, so I just thought I'd put it here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!!! Our baby certainly is cute!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the evil cat's fault. she doesn't even go outside to get fleas. Sam is really cute!!!

Seagraves said...

Please note the exclamatory signatures. Meredith uses five, though she tends to be erratic. Mom is steady at three, every time.