Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A post only for people who like cartoons

Have come up with my next Hico project. I’ve spent the last couple of days working on my Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It’s a typical New York kind of accent, but the consonants are hit hard so you have to be able to force it.
I’m hoping I get it working soon so that I can keep ahead of the curve. I didn’t get my Barney from the Simpsons down until I was out of college and everyone else had moved on. The Comic Book Guy is limited to saying "Worst [fill in blank] ever" and that got old quick, especially since no one gives a rat’s ass about the Simpsons any more.
So, as Carl would say, "Hey, it’s a new era ... of loneliness. ... Oh, God."

Random thought on 281
Watched the famous and critically renown anime "Ghost in the Shell" on Sunday. And I’m left with two thoughts:
– I’m filled with overwhelming despair.
– I have no idea why.
Anybody who watches anime can help me out now. (What the hell was the Ghost anyway? Some kind of leftover soul thingy?)
Mainly I’d like to know how the Japanese are able to get out of bed each day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Japanese have a way with cinema, I must say. I've watched a few things and most of the time, I'm asking Sam what the hell is going on. They're very big on spirituality, but it's not the typical Christian take on it, which we're used to in American film. I do know that it's always beautiful as hell (is that an oxymoron?).