Friday, August 25, 2006

And (yawn, scratch, sigh) We're Back!

And that was fun. Just wanted to start by thanking everybody who came to the wedding, and say we missed you to those who couldn't make it. We understand the celebration went on for several hours after we left, which gave us both a feeling of satisfaction. Me and Meredith spent our honeymoon in New Mexico, primarily soaking in a natural hot tub, so it's going to be a vacation I need time to recover from.

I'll be posting pictures and writing about the wedding later, but for right now I'll just say that I can't decide which was my favorite part: Making the grand exit while carrying a black trash bag for luggage, or jumping up and down like fools while the photographer screamed "YES! YES! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!"

Yep, that's what we wanted: A wedding that was understated, but classy.

Also, on a serious note: My Dad had a heart test on Thursday, which gave doctors enough concern that they went ahead with a triple bypass operation the same day. It was shocking and the most serious surgery my Dad has ever been through.

It went well, though, and the whole family was there for support. He's recovering well. I was able to talk to him briefly on Friday morning and his personality is already coming back. If anything, the operation was a blessing because it fixed some things that could have caused fatal problems at any moment. Please keep him in your thoughts, if you will.

And that's all for now, will write more later, if my wife gives me permission.

No comments: