Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Longhorns I have known

Saw the news this weekend that Mack Brown has picked Colt McCoy over Jevan Snead to QB the Longhorns this season. Or at least the first game. Mack tends to have a difficulty keeping his mind made up in these situations.

Anyway, considering that I only care about what UT is doing for 1/12th of the season, this story caught my notice. I saw both McCoy and Snead play in high school.

In both instances I was stringing for the Reporter-News. I watched McCoy play as a sophomore and Snead play as a senior. And, not to throw in an "I knew it" kind of post, but I guessed McCoy would get the job (first).

McCoy played more with his head, and already had a great throwing form three years ago. Snead, taller, tends to play more reactionary. But I'm not declaring myself an expert. They played completely different offensive schemes.

What really made me pick McCoy, though, was Snead's overwhelming blondness. I'm thinking UT might still be a little gunshy on that.

No comments: