Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tech:Big Game as Hen:Laying egg

I feel like ...

Ah, what the hell. I feel like any number of fans of several thousand teams who believe that this season, things are going good, if only we can actually come through in a big game.

And then they (In my case, "they" is the Raiders of Red) fall flat on their backsides.

I don't mind losing so much in these contests as much as getting blown out. I was at the game in Oklahoma when Tech had a shot to win the Big 12 South and got trashed 98-7. Or something.

I've seen it happen year after year against Texas.

And, now, I'm apparently watching a Mizzou team that has our number.

At least if we'd make it close, we could leave these games with some measure of respectability.

Instead ...

I'd end this with "sigh", but I hate posts that have the word "sigh" anywhere in them, because it's used as often as the letter "A".

*For those not knowing what I'm talking about, the University of Missouri is trouncing Texas Tech in a football game. It's ugly. Britney-Spears-at-45 ugly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops, they did it again.

Sorry, it was the Britney reference. I couldn't refuse.

ylts said...

We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop, we can't believe this season either. But from a different point of view. - Tiger Alum

Anonymous said...

What, no comments about TECH BEATING ou?!?!?