Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Feelin' Nealon

Several people have come forth to defend Kevin Nealon, a comedic actor whom I described a couple of posts down as non-comedic. I'll make this addendum to the first post:

I think the guy is a capable straight man, who has plenty of success when people are acting off of him. But every time I've seen him try to carry the load, he trips onto Suck Street.

He only raised my ire with the recent TV publicity push he's made (I guess for "Weeds"). He's always introduced as the "Hillarious Kevin Nealon". He then comes out in a funny-colored suit and proceeds to prance around like an anemic Robin Williams before sitting down to go through his schtick, which isn't funny.

Yes, I realize this is in the eye of the beholder, but anybody who knows me knows it doesn't take much to make me laugh. Seriously, a 5 year old can have me rolling on the floor with a joke about Spider Man.

No comments: