Monday, September 18, 2006

No, I don't want to talk about TCU/Tech

Three points? Three freakin' points?

It was a good thing I wasn't actually watching the game on Saturday. Otherwise I probably would have lashed out more than I did. My wife doesn't like me much when I lash out.

Was anybody in Red and Black even trying? My only thought right now is that Tech still has a not impossibly bad chance of winning the Big 12. Only problem is that, this year, that'll be comparable to winning the title "Best High School Football Team in Lubbock*."

And what's with Duante Culpepper? I decide I like your team and then you personally destroy it. And then the Cowboys win, even though we all know it's going to be the same sad fade at the end of the season. I don't want to talk about it.

* For those confused by the reference: Lubbock high school football tends to be weak. I should know, I played second-string placekicker there.

Random thought:
"The Thirteenth Warrior", starring Antonio Banderas, is underrated. It's easily one of the top 25 viking movies of all time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I made the mistake of listening to it all the way through. talk about gut wrenching. I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much considering they only beat UTEP last week by three points.