Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Notes

I've a had a cold that has wiped me out over the last week, so sorry if I haven't been that responsive on the e-mail. It's just about over, so I should get back to a normal schedule soon.

Leaching me
So Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is looking at the Miami job. I think most Tech fans would be sorry to see him go. Though at the same time, it's good to see someone you cheered for going to a place where they have a legitimate shot (as opposed to an outside snowball's chance in hell) of winning a national championship in the near future.

On the downside, you have to wonder whether the atmosphere in Miami would suit Leach. Lubbock was happy for him to be a free spirit who didn't give a crap about coaching politics, so long as his teams kept getting better. I doubt they'd be as openminded in Miami. (Yes, I realize the irony, thanks.)

My first choice of a replacement is Art Briles, who's doing a good job at Houston and has West Texas ties.

No comments: