Sunday, December 10, 2006

Work blah

It's amazing what work takes from your life. I've been punch-drunk now for a week, and it's difficult to remember when I started doing this thing and when's the last time I had a full weekend off. (Quick answers: 12 days ago, and weekends are meaningless when you're unemployed.)

I do not have a complicated job. It involves taking food out and putting it in front of people who I otherwise avoid eye contact with. Easy, save for the times when the people are lined up around the counter, three deep, all wanting to get something before the Cowboy game begins. Many also want to know where the soda pop is.

Otherwise, I'll spare the details. It's too tedious to describe beyond that. Still, you just come home and the head throbs, and you dream about getting the grilled asparagus and wilted spinach mixed up. And that you take them out before you realized your pants were missing.

Notes:
  • I'm thinking maybe the Cowboys got a dose of normalcy there. I didn't see getting hammered by the Saints as a "message" the way ESPN had it labeled. All streaks come to an end, might as well be now.
  • Some of you may be getting some strange Christmas cards. Mer demanded that we share the responsibility, I told her there are some things, like a pregnancy, that men and women can't really share. That did not go over well. So I did the cards. Best wishes to all.
  • I get the feeling I'm missing something by never having read "Dune."

No comments: