Friday, June 22, 2007

Not so much May-December as March-Mid-July

Coach, 40, marries track student, 16.

So, the feelings I will not comment on here are the ones that make me stare extra-long at women in comic books.

The feelings I will comment on are the ones that come with almost being a parent, and obviously knowing how easy it’s all going to be.

I don’t get these parents. After learning their daughter is doing is doing the hurtler stretch with the coach, they go to the school, they go to the police, they go to the courts, and then, THEY STILL SIGN THE CONSENT LETTER ALLOWING AN UNDERAGE MARRIAGE.
"Signing those consent forms was the hardest thing I did in my whole life,
but we had to move on, it was going to kill us all," Dennis said.
Uh-huh. Move on from the bad times when your daughter’s going around your back to hump the track coach to the good times when they're coming over for Thanksgiving to discuss her prom dress and his bunions.

I call shenanigans. You can always go farther. Most parents have the legal to institutionalize their kids if they have too, which you have to do if they are really “throwing their life away” as Mama says.

No comments: