Friday, June 08, 2007

Rahr beer -- Give it a shot

Just saying, good stuff.

When the brewery started business in Fort Worth, they had volunteers working at the factory.

Like Bueno Heads, only with dignity and a sense of self-worth.

I'm currently working my way down the offerings. Just finished off a pack of the amber. The blonde lager is the best I've ever had. And I don't exaggerate about beer.

UPDATE: Wow. I went to the web site as far as finding locations where you can buy it, and they only list wholesalers. So, if you don't need a truckload, I've generally found the beer at Central Market and Majestic Liquors. I recall seeing it for sale in Abilene, so it's probably all over the place.

UPDATE II: I gotta say I think it's the best widely distributed Texas beer I've had. I have a deep affection for Shiner, and I don't want to bring up the whole Lone Star thing again, so I'll just say this is my favorite beer right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Intriguing. Can you get Rahr anywhere or just in the FW area?

Anonymous said...

And how does it compare to other Texas favorites, such as Lone Star or Pearl?

Anonymous said...

Can you tell what your readership cares most about? Beer.