Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Parental outrage moment

I should first say that there is no way anyone will ever top the fire-fighting doggie.

A story in the ContraCosta Times focuses on a new trend in baby T-shirts:
Among them: onesies that proclaim your offspring a "Playground Pimp," "Bad Ass" or "Boob Man"; long-sleeved tees that promise "Someday, I'll get trashed at prom"; and T-shirts that trumpet your newborn's admiration for Charles Bukowski, the alcoholic counter-culture writer, which includes a picture of him drinking from a flask.
Other messages include: "He thinks he's my daddy" and "Mama drinks because I cry".

Maybe it's the first episode of me losing my sense of humor because of parental feelings, but I also gotta admit I've always been sickened by some people's tendency to use their children the same way Carrot Top uses props. They're humans, they aren't billboards for your jokes or another way to express yourself. They're going to have enough trouble figuring out how to express themselves, they don't need to deal with your overwrought need to show your rage against the machine.

Sick bastards. (Also available.)

No comments: