Sunday, September 09, 2007

Famous internet stuff

Here's a video that summarizes relatively popular internet stuff in the same way that "We didn't start the fire" summed up 40 years of history. I didn't find either of these things funny so much as diverting and catchy.

"Fire," though, is funny if you add a verse about all the dumb things William Joel has done to himself since he made that album.

Dancing in my videos,

Brinkley is divorcio,

I'll make music from the 50s,

Have another drink.

That took me all of 30 seconds, like it's writing itself. Surely that's been done before.

Anyway, the web thing is a pretty good test of how closely you've kept up with internet pop culture. I've seen about 10 percent of the things it talks about, and heard about maybe 10 percent of the other stuff. For that, I give myself an A.

No comments: