Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Ipod video and 80s silliness

It's the song on the little video Ipod commercial that has been playing every NFL commercial break.

It's about to drive Meredith insane, but for me, I've always been an easy mark for that smokey voiced sentimental thing. And it has a banjo.

Warning: Not safe for work. If you're a guy and don't want the other guys calling you "Fancy Pants."



It's by a group called Feist. I've never heard of Feist. I have no idea where Feist is today. I don't know if VH1 behind the music has done Feist.

A little reminder for me: There's a lot of good stuff going on out there that I don't know about. Good to know that it's out there, tho.

On the other end, VMarksTheSpot sent me this video. Apparently it's associated with the movie "Music & Lyrics," the Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore flop. (It's kind of unfair to call a movie a flop nowadays, isn't it? They're all losing money hand over fist.)

Anyway, it's a parody of an 80s music video and is just about perfect in doing what it tries to do.

Warning: See above warning.



It stars Grant and the dude who plays the paralyzed quarterback on "Friday Night Lights."

Yep, another example that "FNL" got good actors at the expense of getting people who looked like they'd been on a football field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it. I'm cutting a corner off of your "Man Card." You've only got 3 more.

VmarksTheSpot said...

Lucky for you, it's not an 80s vid that has charmed you but one very much of the new millennium! Feist released her first album in 1999.

... HOLY COW! WHAT?! Robert Jordan died ... ?! I just am now reading your post about that ...