Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dropping in on Abilene

With addendum.

I don’t make it a habit to drop in on the Abilene Reporter-News web site, but sometimes I just get a feeling that I need to visit my old stomping grounds, and I’m usually not disappointed.

Today was no exception.

‘Girls Gone Wild’ event canceled after outcry

I wonder why the nightclub caved? Did the police threaten to arrest everyone within a city block? Was Joe Allen’s withholding barbecue privileges?

And they wonder why no one under 40 wants to live there. When GGW came to Denton and UNT, the Chamber of Commerce gave 'em the key to the city.*

*Kidding.

Addendum:
Me: So, you know I think Girls Gone Wild is a slimy organization that takes of advantage of women with esteem issues?

Wife: Yes.

Me: And they’re also a shoddy company. One of those places, that according to friends, you’d never want to have your credit card number.

Wife: Yes.

Me: And any dude who’s married and into that deserves to be skewered.

Wife: Uh-huh.

Me: I’m just sayin’, of all the places to turn it away, it’s Abilene. It’s like living up to your own cliche isn’t accidental so much as the purpose of your existence.

Wife: Yeah.

Me: That’s all.

No comments: