Monday, January 21, 2008

My pizza hut of love

For my combined Christmas-birthday present this year, my wife gave me a pizza stone.


Ever since I quit working at Central Market, I've wanted to re-create the pizzas I made there. So far, I haven't come close. My crust is too chewy and the sauce is missing something key. Still, you can do pretty good things with stuff at home.


The stone's purpose is to absorb moisture and heat the crust evenly. Kind of like a brick oven panel for the typical oven.


This is the best one I've done so far.




No, pizza does not fit into the diet plan. Thanks for pointing that out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the stone is the answer. We've all been there my friend.

How were you able to get it square on one side and round on the other? It looks like a 'D' with chicken pox.

Seagraves said...

That's D for "Delicious." Or maybe "Deliverance."

J. Patterson made a cameo appearance in the last NT alum magazine.