Monday, April 20, 2009

Notes: Hello Canada

I've had a spike in hits lately. (I define "spike" as any day I get more than 20.)

The unusual thing about it, though, is that for the first time since I've had this blog, the majority of hits aren't coming from Texas. They're not even coming from the U.S.

I got 40 hits from Canada on Saturday. Twenty from Winnipegg. Why? Because the "James Snipes" hoax has apparently gone north of the border.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's my post from last year. And here's a much better explanation at Snopes.

I'd put "eh" somewhere in this post, but I'm sure Canadians are as sick of that as Texans are of people using "y'all" artificially.

And, should any Canadians stumble this far, I'd appreciate it if you could explain exactly why, and if, "canuck" is a slur. I had an angry journalism prof tell me as much back in college; I never understood why.

Pictures: More to come
I've fallen way off on posting pictures of Sam in the last few weeks. More will be forthcoming. I've especially felt the need after laughing hysterically at Dave's post regarding a recent picture-taking incident with his kid.

Will work for chalk
It's odd that after all these years of hearing about how we were about to run out of teachers, I finally get in the game of looking at about the same time those jobs dry up. Anyway, if there's a school near you, check if they have a help-wanted sign on the door. I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lubbock is hiring but I don't know if they take alternative certificates.