Monday, July 06, 2009

Old dog poem

Last fall, I took a creative writing class at Tarrant County College -- I suppose because I wanted to have more challenges than just writing the reacting-to-reality stuff that I post here, and because in the back of my mind I'm never giving up on getting a graduate degree in English, regardless of the number of decades it'll take.

Our teacher recommended I turn in a few bits I wrote to the TCC literary mag. This included a couple of poems and a short story. Since the short story was much more important to me, it was, of course, not published.

Meanwhile, both of poems made it in, which is funny to me, considering the amount of scorn I place on modern popular poetry. (I.E., I don't get how any medium so dead can attract that much pretentiousness.)

Anyway, I didn't try to do anything fancy with what I wrote, just do something I feel strongly about and keep things in a concrete world.

Hence, in one poem I wrote about a dog and Hico. I feel slightly bashful about posting it here, but not bashful enough to not make a little movie out of it. Click on it if you wish.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWWW GINGER!!

Anonymous said...

You might get a kick out of the poet William Ashbless. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ashbless

Tom R.

Seagraves said...

Heh. Thanks Tom, that was pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, honey.