Thursday, July 02, 2009

A new, one-scene play entitled, "Stupid freakin' bookstore"

Me: Plop 1,200-page precalculus tome on counter. Look expectantly at clerk.

Clerk: Looks at book. Scans bar code. "Hmmm ..."

Me: Monologue to audience. "@?&%&!$&!!"

Clerk: Scans bar code again. Looks at computer again. "They're coming out with a new edition in the fall. I can't buy this back."

Me: "So I get nothing on a book I had to pay full price* for. Y'all weren't selling used versions six weeks ago."

Clerk: "I'm sorry."

Me: Monologue to heaven. "But it's precalculus! Exactly what do they have to update? They haven't come up with anything new since the 1800s! I lose everything because they want to put in more pictures of Yoda? Why!"

Sigh.

Walking off, mumbling.
"This "A" was dearly bought."


*$189

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll put it on Amazon and see if there are any takers at the ridiculously low price of $29.99.

VmarksTheSpot said...

I might also check to see if Textbook.com is buying the book or consider posting it for sale on Half.com.

Seagraves said...

Thanks V. The internet is so awesome I sometimes fail to think of it's awesomeness.