Monday, July 17, 2006

Showered

Going into the weekend, I had already made up this joke, "It's called a 'Shower' because after all the false sincerity you have to show to people you don't know for giving you stuff that you don't want, you need a shower. -- Ha!"

But I actually had a good time at my Aunt's house, the people were all good friends and the gifts will prove to be invaluable. Thanks to everyone. And thanks for the job tips. Perhaps I still am employable. We'll see.

In the meantime. It continues to be hot (For those of you who don't pay attention to the weather). I had to pray to my air conditioner's inner Scotty the other day when the fan overheated and stopped spinning for a bit. It came back on about 15 minutes later, but those were 15 minutes when my summer was really looking screwed.

What sucks is that my only exercise options are outside, and I can't exercise outside because of the heat, but I need to workout so I won't sweat like a fat Fin in a Turkish bath anytime I walk outside. Sucks.

One other note:
On my last post on how to react next time I'm asked the question, "Why do you write?" in a job interview, Todd suggested I force the following conversation:
BILL: My dear boy, do you ask a fish how it swims?
WINKELMANN: No . . .
BILL: Or a bird how it flies?
WINKELMANN: No . . .
BILL: No sirree, you don't! They do it because they were born to do it. Just like Willy Wonka was born to be a candy man, you look like you were born to be a Wonkarer.

I should then break into a rousing rendition of "The Candyman".
WHO CAN TAKE A SUNRISE,
SPRINKLE IT WITH DEW,
COVER IT IN CHOCOLATE AND A MIRACLE OR TWO?
THE CANDY MAN
THE CANDY MAN CAN
THE CANDY MAN CAN 'CAUSE HE MIXES IT WITH LOVE
AND MAKES THE WORLD TASTE GOOD
WHO CAN TAKE A RAINBOW
WRAP IT IN A SIGH
SOAK IT IN THE SUN AND MAKE A STRAWBERRY LEMON PIE

I should carry a lot of jellybeans in my pockets to fling about at appropriate moments.

And one more suggestion from Todd if that doesn't work:
"Why do I write? Why do you read?"

No comments: