Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thank you SPAM

Logging on to read my e-mail, my inbox is full of comment messages.

"What the hell?" I think/say.

First message:
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Second message:
Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!

Third message:
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.

And so on.

All messages were sent at 3:44:16-17 p.m. on Thursday. And most were really impressed with the generic design and colors I picked from Blogspot.

I may be so new to this "Blogging" thing that I still have to put the word in quotes, but what the hell is this about? Positive SPAM? For what reason? Huh?

UPDATE:
So, thanks probably to the guy who sent the messages in the first place, I've been notified that each spammed comment contains links that take you to probably not so honest advertisements. I went to one for Paxil. I'm not going to do anything about this unless it becomes a problem, and I'm thinking most people here are smart enough not to go. It's either that or make the comments pre-approved, which I'd rather not do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Click on the underlined ">>" links that your fans left in the comments.