Thursday, February 08, 2007

Actually, a poster of Selena's backside would be fine ...

Jeremy sent out a list with this scenario:
If stuck on a desert island, what 10 songs would you take with you --
ignoring the fact the scenario is stupid. Just a friendly distraction. This is
in no order at all…Jeremy’s list and I know I'll be kicking myself for
forgetting so many...

“Loving County”/Charlie Robison
“You Shook Me All Night Long”/AC-DC
“In My Life”/The Beatles
“Amarillo By Morning”/George Strait
“Maggie May”/Rod Stewart
“Night Shift”/The Commodores
“Sexual Healing”/Marvin Gaye
“Wanted Dead Or Alive”/Bon Jovi
“Two Dozen Roses”/Shenandoah
“Your Love”/The Outfield

Bonus: "Won't Get Fooled Again"/The Who

I don't have the willpower to narrow things down to 10. Too hard. But I was happy to tell him what he was missing:

"Let's Stay Together"/Al Green -- I don't want to say it's sacrilege to not include this, but, dude, it's Al Green, singing, "Let's Stay Together." ... There, I had to take a two-minute dancing break after I typed that, and I hate dancing.

Something by Neil Diamond -- Yeah, snicker all you want. I'm not a fan, but it's hard to get past age 30 without being aware of the guy's talent. For a song, I'll go with the last one I heard: "Forever in Blue Jeans."

Otherwise, I know I'd go with:

Charlie Robison, but I'd pick "My Hometown."

I'd also take Robert Earl Keen's "Gringo Honeymoon" and Billy Joe Shaver's "Try, and try again."

These are mostly top-40 hits, but they're hits for a pretty damn good reason.

No comments: