Monday, February 12, 2007

Call me Pie Maker

Today I made my first apple pie:


That's right, suckas. Homemade crust and filling from scratch. Don't bring that ready-made pie crust in here! This ain't the Baptist Ice Cream Social and I'm not your 13-year-old sweetheart. Bring your scratch skills or don't come at all.

Some pie-making tips:
  • You don't have to mess with flour and cloth, just roll your crust between sheets of wax paper.

  • Pie savers are great to stop excess browning.

  • I'm disappointed with the luck of the Tech basketball team. They've had some honest chances in every game they've lost recently, but some bonehead disaster always comes up. I can't hope for a miracle run in the Big 12 tourney, but at least maybe we'll get a decent showing in the NIT. As far as next year, we got a far better football recruiting class than people are giving us credit for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great except for that ugly-looking splotch mark in the middle!