Saturday, March 03, 2007

An explanation

Anonymous Coward said...
"There sure are a lot of posts here for someone that is bailing on the blogging biz."

Which is true. At the beginning of February, I basically said, "I'm giving up." And have since not actually stopped posting.

The reason, if you'll allow a little emotional indulgence:

At the beginning of the month, I wasn't in a good mood. Money was short, I was going back into a career I didn't want to go back into, and ideas for posting here were in short supply. So I made the whiny little post that the posting was done for at least a month.

But ...

I got a little Hico time, the job is OK, and I like the people I'm working with.

My main worry was that posting here would be like my other freelance writing attempts when I've been at other newspapers -- once I got off work, I'd want life to be as illiterate as possible.

I'm still coming up with things to put down here. So I am.

My Grandpa told me:
"No Segrist man should ever make a cri de coeur without getting hisself some Hico time."

And then he'd tell me about his World War I adventures with Spanish prostitutes.

I loved my Grandpa.

No comments: