Saturday, November 01, 2008

Attention, people of Latin America

I don't talk much here about the results I see on this blog's visitor tracking system. Basically, I don't want people to become conscious that someone is looking over their back, even if we both know that someone is.

But I generally check the results every day, and it always either feels good to see old buddies looking me up or gives me a kind of wierd "what's that about?" feeling. (Like the other week, when, for some reason, 20 people from Spain wanted to read an old post about that bikini model/anchorwoman thing that happened in Tyler about two years ago.)

But something's been driving me nuts for more than a year, so I'm going to go ahead and ask: What's the deal with the Outfield and all countries south of the Rio Grande?

At least once a day, sometimes three, four times a day, someone in Mexico, Argentina, Ecuador, etc. decides to Google a variation of the phrase: "I can't believe, the things that happen to me" and wind up at this site.

Variations include: "I can believe the things that happen," "I can't believe the things," "I believe what happens."

I've spent a few hours researching this and can find nothing. If I google the phrase myself, this site doesn't show up on the first 10 pages.

What the hell? Is there some kind of contest that uses the phrase. Is it some comedian's laugh line?

If you're googling that, you must know English. Help me out here.

And enjoy some classic Outfield.

No comments: