Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back to the treadmill

So, I started dressing for the funeral on Thursday and discovered that all of my good clothes had mysteriously shrunk since the last time I wore them.

By this time, it was just another in a mounting signs that my fatness has REALLY become a problem and it's time to get serious.

Learning to cook is great. The problem is that I wanted to learn how to cook my Mom's meatloaf, chicken fried steak, cookies, etc. And I've therefore cooked myself out of my clothes and into a situation where tying my shoe causes me to breathe heavily.

Really, it just gets annoying -- having to deal with the extra weight and the sudden loss of the ability to reach areas of yourself that you've always been able to reach.

And so, I've started on the treadmill. I had some chicken fried steaks in the freezer that I had to make, and the dieting and the keeping track of every little thing that I eat starts after I finish those.

My wife doesn't believe me either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go for it!!!!!