Monday, November 27, 2006

Notes

I hope you fools who like 80-degree days in December are enjoying yourselves. I'm looking forward to the cold front on Thursday like an early Christmas. These bouts of warm weather ub the wrong place make me feel sick. I've been fighting off a cold today, which is bad as I begin work on Tuesday.

Job? I'd write more about the fact that I have a job, save for the fact that the situation is a bit complicated and not settled, and I got tired after describing it to the family for the 47th time. Will write more. And no, it doesn't involve stripping, though I'm happy that's the third thing you guessed.

Why 30 Rock works: It's funny. Why Studio 60 doesn't: It's not.

For a more long-winded take that no one is interested in: Studio 60 acts like a serious drama about talented people giving their goshdarn all, week in/week out, despite the fact that the world is so unfair to them. 30 Rock acts like a comedy about a bunch of lazy-assed, semi-functional dimwits who succeed despite their idiocy.

I'm still watching Studio 60. I don't know. It's interesting to watch massive failures struggle along, sometimes doing something good but ultimately collapsing under their own weight. Also, Amanda Peat: She's highly educated.

Speaking of TV: My current job situation will have me working nights. I lose my TV viewing time. I'll miss it. I was just catching up on this crap that copy editing and a night shift has kept me from for four years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should you change the name of the blog now that you are no longer living in Hico? Or are you in a "Hico state of mind" while trapped in one of The Big City's suburban rings of hell? Just a random thought from an ardent admirer. I support firebombing The Truck that Never Moves and is Now a Garbage Barge. Light 'er up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've discovered so much television that I'd missed out on being shackled in the newsroom dungeon. Tragic...