Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow ... kinda

Here's what it looks like here this morning:
See the snow? There's a bit on the ground to the left and on the chair. Though it's not really snow, so much as raining ice, which some people call "sleet", I believe.

While this is a joke to anyone who lives up north, all the local TV stations have their reporters out at various intersections, all talking about the rain that is ice. The official motto for Channel 5 is "Arctic blast," complete with art of a storm cloud and snow flake. Every public building has either closed or will close early.

Meanwhile, I'm just hoping that I can commute to work today without dying. Hell, I'm hoping my wife can pull out of our inclined driveway without going into a skid across the street, thereby causing the the Truck That Doesn't Move to move, at least a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our snow was better.

http://rexmomus.typepad.com/says_rex/2006/12/snow_for_real.html

Seagraves said...

Funny. The last time I was plastered I was in Norman, and it was snowing.

It also snowed in Lubbock yesterday. They were broadcasting scenes from my hometown on the Dallas news, because, with all the talk about winter, people had to see something.