Wednesday, May 16, 2007

And now for a word from our sponsor ...

Folks:
This the second most random thing that's happened with this blog, right after the lady who popped up to defend Ricky Williams.
About a week ago, I got an e-mail asking if I would review the DVD release of the first season of WKRP in Cincinnati. I thought it was bogus, but gave them my work address ... and the DVD set showed up today.
I've been contacted by an online marketing campaign. They specialize in building networks of fans to get the word out. (Here's an article that makes them seem evil.)
I realize this could bring up some integrity concerns for some of you, but:
  • You really don't care, and,
  • I remain pure as the driven snow.
I'll be happy to explain why to anyone who wants to ask.
In the meantime, this "viral" campaign receives the News From Hico Official Seal of Approval.
It seems innocuous to me. You send material to interested people, and then ask them to write about it.
I'm looking forward to watching and doing some research on the show, one of my favorites from a long time ago.
And since this song has been banging around in my head for a week now, I'll give it to you ...

No comments: